Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN

I kept hearing that Simun was really fun, but when I it started I didn’t really like it that much. It could have been because my country had nothing to do with any of the discussions. I had Cuba as my country, it’s not allowed to having really any connections with other countries and its only ally was Venezuela and that country wasn’t in my group. So as you can see it was hard to figure out what my country would say about these issues.

Like I said before my country didn’t have anything to do with the discussion we had, so I don’t think I did very good. I gave a speech ones and I’m sure it was bad and I probly opened my mouth ten more times during those whole three days. I’m sure if I had a different country that was actually involved with the issues than I probly would have done and ok job. Whenever I was in a cactus I was left out of the discussion because my country had nothing to with the issue, so no one would ask me what I thought about the topic. It was hard for me to think of questions to ask the delegates and the things I was going to say were always said before I could say it.

I think I was really prepared for Simun. I knew all about the topics and it also helped that the topics we had were ones we talked about a lot in class. The only problem was that I didn’t know what my country would say about it. I think we should have done more practices in class for procedure and a practice issue. I got as much stuff on Cuba’s history but the info didn’t really help me.

Next year I hope I get a country that is actually involved with the issues. I will be able to participate more and able to ask questions, answer questions, and give speeches. Next time I will get as much information on my country as I can. Maybe next time I will be able to write a resolution if my country is involved. I might not have had the best experience with Simun this year but I hope I do next time I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment